Research Economist and CWED Co-Chair
Institute for Research on Labor & Employment
University of California, Berkeley
2521 Channing Way, No. 5555
Berkeley, CA 94720-5555
Phone: (510) 643-7080
White House report that uses Allegretto's research
THE IMPACT OF RAISING THE MINIMUM WAGE ON WOMEN
And the Importance of Ensuring a Robust Tipped Minimum Wage
The White House,
- "Waiting for Change: The Two Tiered Wage Floor System"
75 Years of the Fair Labor Standards Act, U.S. Department of Labor, Washington DC. November 15, 2013
- "The Wrecking Ball: Post-Great Recession Blues"
11th Teamsters Canada Convention, Quebec City, Canada. July 2, 2013
- "Waiting for Change: The $2.13 Sub-minimum Wage"
U.S. Senate HELP Committee Briefing, Washington, DC. June 21th 2013
- "The Great Recession and Youth Unemployment: Evidence from the United States"
University of Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy. October 18, 2012
- "Do Minimum Wages Really Reduce Teen Employment? Evidence from the United States"
University of Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy. October 16, 2012
- "Economic Inequality: Causes, Consequences & Solutions"
UC Berkeley Teach-in, April 4, 2012
- "The American Dream: Fraying of the Folklore"
San Francisco Chapter of the National Association of Business Economics. February 29, 2012
- "Right-to-Work Legislation and Promises of Job Creation"
Labor and Employment Relations Association 64th Annual Meeting, January 7, 2012
- "It's the Economy Stupid" ,
California Federation of Teachers PLUCC Training, October 28th, 2011
- "Post-Industrial Rural Communities Myths, Realities, and the Unknown"
Federal Reserve Division of Community Affairs DC, October 20, 2011
- "Stuff You Should Know" ,
Council 57 Leadership Conference,
September 23, 2011
- "Waiting for Change: The $2.13 Sub-Minimum Wage"
Western Economic Association International 86th Annual Conference, June 29th, 2011
- "The Great Recession"
IRLE Colloquium Series, September 27, 2010